- First some TV notes:
- Finally caught up on the last three episodes of Merlin. This series has really been boring me. I find myself skipping through episodes or being completely distracted during them. I'm hoping the final episodes will turn into something and bring me back, but at this point I'm really in it to keep up with fandom, which I still love, and for the boys.
- And I'll be honest...instead of actually watching Episode 10, I just read frantic_allonsy's recap. I don't like the Arthur/Gwen relationship at all. I have nothing against the canon of it. It's just that the way it's written doesn't really make any sense. I have no idea why those characters would ever want to be together. They have the least to do with each other out of anyone on the show, except maybe Merlin and Uther and even that makes more sense. Not to mention the lack of chemistry just makes their scenes painful and unwatchable. A whole episode of it was a bit more than I could take.
- FRINGE. Last week's episode was MINDBLOWING. At least for me. I love the mythology on this show and in this episode in particular. As much as I love our Olivia, I don't find the episodes in the alternate universe as compelling. I appreciate what the show is doing with the every other episode scenario, but that universe just doesn't work for me the way it seems to for others out there.
- For all I'm not a Castle fan, which is to say I don't actually like the show, this season seems to be a lot weaker. I usually can get through the episodes no problem. It's a distraction, but this season I'm finding it very hard to get through them at all. Just wondering what actual fans think of it.
- A couple weeks ago I spent my days re-watching episodes (okay seasons) of Roseanne on youtube. This week it's Wings. I kind of have this idea to do a where are they now? type of thing for those characters. Because I've always wondered.
- I am DYING for that Simon Amstell DVD to come out so I can get my hands on a rip of it. I'm pretty sure it will complete my life.
As for RL, it's been kind of up and down lately. ( Ranty rant rant. )
I'm trying to ignore all of that insanity and focus on other things. Tomorrow we have to bring Davey to the vet to get fixed, but then it's HARRY POTTER at midnight. Saturday Eve and Dan are coming to stay and then Sunday we're going to the Brooklyn Bowl to see the McLovins play the song they wrote with a couple of the guys from Phish. And then I think we're going to go on a stoney cupcake tour of Brooklyn. Monday I go back to Connecticut for a dentist appointment and Thanksgiving.
I need to stop typing now. And do something productive. Like stare at my desktop, which makes me smile like a loon. :DDDDDD