- Went to see Iron Man 2 today. In a word, it was AWESOME. Movies based on comic books are one of my favorite things ever. Scarlett Johansson was surprising good and held her own in her fight scenes. Mickey Rourke may turn me off men completely. If you see it in theaters make sure you stay through the ridiculously long credits. Especially if you're a Marvel fan like myself.
- I want a fic of Brad's reaction to Hammer's version of the Iron Man suit. It was all I could think of during that scene.
- I'm still pissed off Alex didn't get cast as Thor. I mean seriously who ELSE could play that part? He IS Thor. At least we get some Stellan. Wonder if he'll manage an ass shot. LOL
- I've been catching up on Fringe and Stargate Universe. Fringe is still insane but insanely awesome at the same time. I still hold in my assessment that it's the best show on television. SGU is still awful.
- As is Castle. Beckett? STFU & FOD. kthx
- Is there some kind of wank going on in the Merlin fandom? I haven't been paying attention since like February.
- I will never get sick of Generation Kill. EVER. Brad and Nate will break me and put me back together forever. ILU BOYS.
- Don't get jealous Ray. I love you and Walt too.
- Saw Angels and Airwaves on Saturday night. Tom Delonge will blow my mind forever. And I need to either start going to concerts alone or finding new friends. Ones who actually care and want to be there.
- CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GRADUATED/WILL BE GRADUATING!
On a happier note my obsession with Stark and American Idiot have reached all kinds of new levels of ridiculousness. I'm sure some of you understand. LOL If I don't get my hands on that cast album soon there's going to be issues.
Not much else to report. I keep starting entries and then never finishing them. So for some bullet points.
- I finally got around to watching Stargate: Universe a while back. It's kind of awful and not the way that Atlantis was awful, but still worth it. Cliche characters and some new obsession with religion I'm not entirely comfortable with. The whole sexualization of the verse is also something that's not working for me. It's coming back on Friday and I'll probably keep watching just cause I like the tidbits about the other characters and Michael Shanks has an appearance on this run which I'm looking forward to.
- Speaking of Michael Shanks...does anyone have that gif of him and Ben Browder at Comic Con a few years back. Yeah you know the one I'm talking about...
- I've been on an original slash kick the last week or so. Which means I've been staying up until ridiculous hours of the night and sleeping even crazier ones. And my books have been put on the back burner, which hasn't stopped me from buying more.
- My friends and I got fucked up on vodka and weed the other night and danced in the rain. It's one of those defining life moments. We're also decided we really early 90s. Though that might be all the Courtney Love speaking.
- I've decided on my next tattoo. It's pretty much going to be something like THIS somewhere on the back of my neck. I'm pretty excited about it.
- The Generation Kill Anon Kink meme has brought out aaaaallllll the Brad/Ray shippers. Apparently there's a lack. LOL I never noticed but that's cause it's mostly a no-go area for me.
- I WANT THIS SO FUCKING BAD. It's pretty much my favorite shirt ever. The fact that I'll never see it on him again makes me so sad. :(
I also seem to have finally become the victim of LJ's notification issue, in that I'm not getting them. I'm surprised it took this long.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love this cast?
I will have lovely dreams tonight.
ETA: More pics!!!
Alex, your hips defy logic. And me from being coherent.
Stark/Calculator watch = OTP
I love Bradley's morning voice. And those shorts.
Colin in his beanie made me almost ruin a pair of underwear.
I just finished watching yesterday's episode. My computer was acting up yesterday, but seems to be okay today so I finally managed to download it successfully since I slept through the broadcast. Woe Black Friday for messing up my sleep.
For a straight girl I really hate het. Or maybe I just hate it in Merlin. Lancelot come back PLEASE!!!! For the sake of the het on this show. It needs you.
Silly Bradley is fantastic. They need to give him more physical comedy. The facial expressions alone.
Why are all the manservants on this show gay and magical? Are they trying to tell us something?
I don't have much more to say than that. Bradley being ridiculous was the best part. The het was not.
I need more icon space...
Black Friday was generally horrible this year. My mom was in a bad mood because she didn't get her TV and then she had an issue checking out which is always oh so fun. Then she was mad because I'm too negative or something. Which fine whatever. Sorry I have opinions and like to express them. My defining personality traits are sarcasm and boylove. Either one is apparently going to cause problems.
I ended up sleeping most of Friday, staying up until like 4am watching The Big Bang Theory and then sleeping all of yesterday. Now I'm on a Wings kick. But since I only own the first two seasons I'm trying to download the rest. I can only find Rapidshare links and it's being an asshole.
My Black Friday loot:
Gilmore Girls: Seasons 1, 6, & 7
Veronica Mars: Season 1 (For $9 and I didn't even know it was gonna be on sale!)
Gossip Girl: Seasons 1&2
House: Season 4 (I have now bought the first 4 seasons all on Black Friday)
Weeds: Season 4 (Also all on Black Friday)
Supernatural: Season 3 (This too)
The Dark Knight, The Proposal and He's Just Not That Into You
I also bought a 20 piece T-Fal kitchenware for 50% off & a hoodie for $10
Then I came home and spent another $100 on Amazon, which was:
Supernatural: Season 4
Fringe: Season 1
Maude: Season 1 (Yes I love Bea Arthur)
Charmed: Season 2
Iron Man, Young Frankenstein, Underworld: Evolution, Star Trek, GI Joe, & Zack & Miri Make a Porno
I would have bought more, but I needed to contain myself.
Did all my GK people see the pic Jon Huertas posted on his Twitter last night? I looooovvveee these boys. And don't tell anyone but I did mistake Stark for my friend Max. I wish I had a good picture of him so I could show you all what I'm talking about. Seriously it's ridiculous.
And HOLY SHIT Alex is skinny.
Thunderstorms are threatening and I get to stand outside from 6 until 10ish at Relay for Life. I'm not walking, thank god.
I should really be showering and getting ready, not sitting her blinding myself with the pretty. *sigh*
Name your fifteen absolutely favorite couples (het/slash/canon/fanon) and ask people to see what trend they notice about your couples. Try to pick different fandoms.
3. Harry Potter-Harry/Ginny
4. Harry Potter-Ron/Hermione
5. Crossing Jordan-Woody/Jordan
7. The History Boys-Scripps/Posner
10. Verbotene Liebe-Christian/Olli
14. Generation Kill-Brad/Nate
15. RPS-Bradley James/Colin Morgan
I don't know if there's actually any trend, but I will tell you that there is something intentional about that list....