Time for the top coat and packing. Back to Connecticut this weekend for a birthday and those McLovins.
I know everyone's been down on the Merlin fandom lately, but may I suggest going through vesperdivum's epic rec posts? I've been making my way through them for the last couple weeks and I've discovered and rediscovered some awesome fic. Exactly what I needed during my pre-menstrual haze.
That and You, Me, and Everyone We Know which I cannot stop listening to. Here are my favorites:
And my absolute favorite, if only for the line: But the problem with change is it's hard, like finding lively conversation in graveyards
Really I have to stop or I will post every song on the album. It's really just that good.
- First some TV notes:
- Finally caught up on the last three episodes of Merlin. This series has really been boring me. I find myself skipping through episodes or being completely distracted during them. I'm hoping the final episodes will turn into something and bring me back, but at this point I'm really in it to keep up with fandom, which I still love, and for the boys.
- And I'll be honest...instead of actually watching Episode 10, I just read frantic_allonsy's recap. I don't like the Arthur/Gwen relationship at all. I have nothing against the canon of it. It's just that the way it's written doesn't really make any sense. I have no idea why those characters would ever want to be together. They have the least to do with each other out of anyone on the show, except maybe Merlin and Uther and even that makes more sense. Not to mention the lack of chemistry just makes their scenes painful and unwatchable. A whole episode of it was a bit more than I could take.
- FRINGE. Last week's episode was MINDBLOWING. At least for me. I love the mythology on this show and in this episode in particular. As much as I love our Olivia, I don't find the episodes in the alternate universe as compelling. I appreciate what the show is doing with the every other episode scenario, but that universe just doesn't work for me the way it seems to for others out there.
- For all I'm not a Castle fan, which is to say I don't actually like the show, this season seems to be a lot weaker. I usually can get through the episodes no problem. It's a distraction, but this season I'm finding it very hard to get through them at all. Just wondering what actual fans think of it.
- A couple weeks ago I spent my days re-watching episodes (okay seasons) of Roseanne on youtube. This week it's Wings. I kind of have this idea to do a where are they now? type of thing for those characters. Because I've always wondered.
- I am DYING for that Simon Amstell DVD to come out so I can get my hands on a rip of it. I'm pretty sure it will complete my life.
As for RL, it's been kind of up and down lately. ( Ranty rant rant. )
I'm trying to ignore all of that insanity and focus on other things. Tomorrow we have to bring Davey to the vet to get fixed, but then it's HARRY POTTER at midnight. Saturday Eve and Dan are coming to stay and then Sunday we're going to the Brooklyn Bowl to see the McLovins play the song they wrote with a couple of the guys from Phish. And then I think we're going to go on a stoney cupcake tour of Brooklyn. Monday I go back to Connecticut for a dentist appointment and Thanksgiving.
I need to stop typing now. And do something productive. Like stare at my desktop, which makes me smile like a loon. :DDDDDD
- I suppose the biggest thing is that my roommate/friend Ashley and I adopted a cat. I'm not a huge fan of cats, I really prefer dogs, but she loves them and they pretty much take care of themselves so whatever. I think we're still planning on getting a dog around Christmas time though. Here are some pictures of Davey, the 5 month old kitten.
- Fandom business:
- MERLIN: I don't really have much to say about the last few episodes, or really about the season in general. I fear if I think about it too deeply my brain might aneurysm and not in a good way. I generally overall did like Gwaine and Elena though. And the boys bantering is also amusing and adorable. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the back half of the series.
- FRINGE: I've said it before and I'll say it again. THIS IS THE BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION. ANYWHERE. One of the things I really love about this season is the difference between the two universes and when we're in the AU you can really tell how amazing the dynamic was the first two seasons. How those characters really related to each other and allowed them to work together. It doesn't have the same feel to it with those in the AU. I'm sure there's parts about that sentence that I could talk about for days, but it's not really that important. On a basic level it's still the best show you're probably not watching.
- THE BIG BANG THEORY: Zazzles? Really Sheldon? Really JIM? If I didn't think/know either of you were gay before that certainly sealed the deal. Thursday's episode was kind of weak, but I've been loving this season so far.
- RAISING HOPE: I have a really hard time with American comedy shows. In that I don't like them. TBBT is the only one I can watch and really get into. Even Community, which I sort of liked, I only watched 4 episodes of. But for some reason I'm into this one. I don't know if it's the concept, or that the guy is ridiculously adorable. Or it could just be Martha Plimpton and Cloris Leachman. Something. Anyway.
- OTHER SHOWS: I've been keeping up with Bones and House this season, just for something to watch in the morning really. All I have to really say about them is WHERE IS ALL THE REACTION TO THAT FUCKING JERSEY SHORE EPISODE? Where!? It was quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever sat though. Unless I actually watched Jersey Shore. WTF. Never again Bones. Never.
- Cat pictures (never in my life did I think I would type that, at least in relation to myself):
He's vaguely rabbit like, no?
Okay, either going to spend some time reading The Liar or start watching Rubicon.
( Thinky and not so thinky thoughts )
Huh. That turned deeper than I thought it would. Anyway I know I sound negative and like I'm tearing the show a new one, but that's kind of just how I roll. I ignore all the things that work and that I love and focus on how it could be better. I do love you show. I DO. Mostly for the eyefucking. And the magic. And Bradley James' facial expressions. Did I mention the eyefucking?
Okay now I have to go check my flist because I decided to wait until I had watched the ep.
I think you're trying to go for some kind of sly, devious thing. But all I'm getting is a 'you're very strange/creepy; your brain scares me' kind of thing.
Please forgive me show for being overly judgmental today. I don't know what's going on. I'll stop now.
Seriously if you're not already reading The Student Prince what are you even doing here?
GO. READ. NOW.
It's gotten me excited about Merlin again and gotten me back into the fandom, which I've been ignoring for months.
Series 3 time yet? Any rumors of when it's going to air? I'm thinking Fall/November/December time frame.
Oh and it's hot outside. Very Very HOT.
I want to die. Me and heat do NOT mix.
These two either need to get in each other's pants right now, or get in mine because I really can't take it anymore.
I've been more sexually frustrated than usual lately. I also blame the fact that I had naked ASkars in my dreams last night.
A good combination these do not make. Or you know DO. LIKE REALLY DO.
I was serious in my last post BTW, does anyone know if this exists? Or know where else I can ask?
I love Bradley's morning voice. And those shorts.
Colin in his beanie made me almost ruin a pair of underwear.
I just finished watching yesterday's episode. My computer was acting up yesterday, but seems to be okay today so I finally managed to download it successfully since I slept through the broadcast. Woe Black Friday for messing up my sleep.
For a straight girl I really hate het. Or maybe I just hate it in Merlin. Lancelot come back PLEASE!!!! For the sake of the het on this show. It needs you.
Silly Bradley is fantastic. They need to give him more physical comedy. The facial expressions alone.
Why are all the manservants on this show gay and magical? Are they trying to tell us something?
I don't have much more to say than that. Bradley being ridiculous was the best part. The het was not.
I need more icon space...
Black Friday was generally horrible this year. My mom was in a bad mood because she didn't get her TV and then she had an issue checking out which is always oh so fun. Then she was mad because I'm too negative or something. Which fine whatever. Sorry I have opinions and like to express them. My defining personality traits are sarcasm and boylove. Either one is apparently going to cause problems.
I ended up sleeping most of Friday, staying up until like 4am watching The Big Bang Theory and then sleeping all of yesterday. Now I'm on a Wings kick. But since I only own the first two seasons I'm trying to download the rest. I can only find Rapidshare links and it's being an asshole.
My Black Friday loot:
Gilmore Girls: Seasons 1, 6, & 7
Veronica Mars: Season 1 (For $9 and I didn't even know it was gonna be on sale!)
Gossip Girl: Seasons 1&2
House: Season 4 (I have now bought the first 4 seasons all on Black Friday)
Weeds: Season 4 (Also all on Black Friday)
Supernatural: Season 3 (This too)
The Dark Knight, The Proposal and He's Just Not That Into You
I also bought a 20 piece T-Fal kitchenware for 50% off & a hoodie for $10
Then I came home and spent another $100 on Amazon, which was:
Supernatural: Season 4
Fringe: Season 1
Maude: Season 1 (Yes I love Bea Arthur)
Charmed: Season 2
Iron Man, Young Frankenstein, Underworld: Evolution, Star Trek, GI Joe, & Zack & Miri Make a Porno
I would have bought more, but I needed to contain myself.
Did all my GK people see the pic Jon Huertas posted on his Twitter last night? I looooovvveee these boys. And don't tell anyone but I did mistake Stark for my friend Max. I wish I had a good picture of him so I could show you all what I'm talking about. Seriously it's ridiculous.
Bradley in a towel. UNF! I'm beginning to understand what you all see in him. Minus that small animal he's trying to grow on his face.
Boys are lovely being boys and together and I love them.
I want Bradley/Colin Roadtrip porn.
Preview: Didn't we already have this episode last series? *iz confused* Though it looks like Bradley will be all kinds of ridiculous which I enjoy so yay for that. Boo for more bad het and Arthur/Gwen
Okay back to my laundry and Generation Kill.
Stark Sands why are you so pretty?
( Spoilers... )
That's it. Glee and Top Chef tonight. I've been harsh on it so far, mostly because it hasn't lived up to the EPICNESS of the pilot. Last week seemed to be a VAST improvement so hopefully this week will continue that.
Pick your five favorite TV shows (in no particular order) and answer the following questions. Don't cheat!
3. True Blood
4. The Big Bang Theory
01. Who's your favourite character in 2?
Probably Merlin. Cause how can you resist that face?
02. Who's your least favourite character in 1?
Gwen. Let's face it. It's always been the Gwen show. COE just proved it.
03. What's your favourite episode of 4?
The Barbarian Sublimation. Gay!Sheldon FTW!
04. What's your favourite season of 5?
Hmm...I have a feeling it's going to be the season coming up. I can't wait for more Calvin/Grant.
05. Who is your favourite ship in 3?
I don't have one. I ship Alex Skarsgard. That's pretty much it. LOL
06. Who is your antiship in 2?
If my understanding of that term is correct...Anything het.
07. How long have you watched 1?
Forever. Either in the middle of Series 1 or right after it aired. But I'm done now.
08. How did you become interested in 3?
It's all about the ASkars. I only watch it for him.
09. Who's your favourite actor/actress in 4?
I loved Johnny Galecki since Roseanne, but I gotta say that Jim Parsons steals that show.
10. Which do you prefer: Show 1 or 2 or 5?
Torchwood has been the biggest fandom in my life for over three years. It's hard to let something like that go. Merlin helps, but Greek is the show I can just watch episodes of.
11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3?
TW since it has more eps.
12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be?
Leslie. She's just awesome.
13. How would you kill off your favourite character in 1?
I don't have to. RTD already did.
14. Give a random quote from 1?
"The world's about to end. Let's all go have sex."
16. Would a 3/4 crossover work?
HAHA. Maybe if it was ComicCon.
17. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple.
Ianto/PC Andy. I always wanted to see them work together. Sadly it never happened.
18. Has 5 inspired you in any way?
Not really no.
19. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4?
As for casting for characters I think TBBT wins but I love the cast of Merlin so much more.
20. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5?
Does Greek even have theme music? Guess I gotta go with TB. Though I really don't like the opening.